Sunday, January 9, 2011

Holiday Party Baking (Part 2 - Andes Mint Cookies)


So for the White Elephant Party the second dessert I made was my new favorite obsession this Christmas ... Andes Mint Cookies!

I have always loved Andes Mints and so when I saw these mint bits I knew I had to buy them and try them in something but when I got home I saw that there was a cookie recipe on the bag and so I decided to try out the recipe ... Man these cookies are delicious! They're chewy and have the perfect balance of sweetness and mint! They were such a big hit at the party that I decided to also make them as gift for Christmas, I even sent them to my best friend Jamie (A Pair of Pears) for her and her husband to enjoy!

Andes Mint Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 large eggs

1 (10 ounce) package Andes mint baking chips

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour



Preheat oven to 350°F.

Blend butter, brown sugar, white granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until ingredients are mixed.

Add Andes Baking Chips and mix.

Add Flour and continue to mix until all ingredients are well blended together.

Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 45-60 minutes.

Spoon out approximately 1 oz of dough per cookie.

Form a ball and then slightly flatten.

Place on non-stick baking pans and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes.

Cool on pans for 2 minutes, then remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment