Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Time Here in Texas!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

OK, I know I am behind in saying this but better late than never right?! Well it's been a crazy couple of weeks for me and I haven't had a lot of time to update on all the recipes that I have been trying but I will in the next couple of days. But for now let me show you what I've been up to these past couple of weeks ...

One of my favorite traditions at Christmas time is making Gingerbread houses with the cousins when we are all down at the Lake together at Thanksgiving, here is mine this year

Anyone who knows me knows that I love the color pink and this is my pink Christmas tree! I absolutely love it, I got it a couple of years ago and I have loved getting to decorate it different ways each year, this year I decided to just decorate it with all black to match my room!

So this was the first Christmas that we had in our new house and so it was fun trying to figure out where to put all our decorations. I love the fireplace in our new house and it was the perfect place to hold my moms snowman collection!

I also got to go back up to John Brown before Christmas to visit my cousin and friends there as well as going and seeing the Cathedral Choir Christmas concert that my cousin sang in.

Every couple of years my cousins and they're family go up to Colorado for Christmas to celebrate with their dads side of the family, so when they do we always celebrate with them early, which means then I get to celebrate Christmas 4 times that year! This was our family picture this year.

I love these 3 girls with all my heart, they are my best friends and I can't imagine life without them!

So my cousin Steffi got this AWESOME cupcake stand for me for Christmas! I am so excited to use this for parties and other events and it will definitely be used at her bridal shower this summer!

Every Christmas eve me, my mom, sister, aunt and grandma all go out together for a girls afternoon and get manicures and pedicures done for Christmas!

My sister, grandma (Omi) and me after Christmas Eve service at our house

My dad's side of the family. In Germany they Celebrate Christmas on Christmas eve by going to Christmas eve service, coming home and having a big dinner and then opening gifts and so we have continued that tradition over here now

Every Christmas morning my mom always makes us cinnamon rolls, bacon, and hot chocolate. I love waking up Christmas morning to the scent of the cinnamon rolls baking and the sound of the bacon sizzling on the stove!

The traditional sister picture Christmas morning in front of the fireplace!

Celebrating Christmas day with my mom's parents at their house.

This is definitely one of my favorite if not my favorite meal ever and I always look forward to the winter because that means we can finally make Klüse and Rouladen! Klüse is a traditional German potato dumpling. There are several ways to prepare Klüse, this kind is the kind that they make in my dad's hometown of Coburg.

Then came new years! We had a big party out at my house that included lots of food, games, 2 ping-pong tournaments and lots of fun playing Wii Just Dance II!!!


I'm excited to see what God has in store for me, my family and friend in this coming year!
I hope that this year is filled with joy and happiness for everyone!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment