Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's been A WHILE!


Hey Y'all!

Wow! I can't believe its been over a year since I've posted on here and well, a lot has happened over the past year! Here's a recap:
There were a lot of weddings for me ...
    The first one was for two of my good friends from college, Ben & Christina!
This was such a fun wedding to be apart of. They are two of the funnest people to be around and I am so happy for them!
The whole bridal party

Love her!
The second wedding last year was for another college friend of mine that I had also grown up with, Kim!

Jess, Alexa, Kim & I
Her wedding was here in Dallas and it was so fun to have Jess and Alexa come in town to celebrate!


The day after Kim got married I flew to Tennessee for a family reunion and my aunts wedding!
Dagi and her husband Tom
Dagi & Tom got married on a boat on a BEAUTIFUL lake in Tennessee with all our family from all over the US and Germany there! It was so beautiful and a great way to welcome Tom into our family!
Ericka, Dagi & I
And the final wedding of the year was for my cousin and best friend Steffi!!!
Steffi & her husband Paul
I absolutely LOVE these 2 and am so happy that after 7 years of dating that they are married and are so happy and in love! 
Steffi & Paul and wedding party
And just a couple of weeks ago one my oldest friends Amanda just got engaged so now the wedding planning starts all over again! :-)
Ethan & Amanda


Well between all the weddings there were some other big events that happened! 
Like I mentioned earlier, we had a big family reunion up on Dale Hollow Lake in Tennessee. 
My Crazy Family!
We had family there from Texas, NY, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Alabama, Florida and Germany ... this was a big event for us because it was the first time that everyone had all been able to get together in 7 years and first time the cousins from Germany were able to make it too! It was such an fun week just hanging out, skiing, tubing and laughing together!
Ericka & I with our little cousin Allie! It was her first time meeting the whole family!
Anja & Jochen - My cousins from Germany!
After the family reunion we celebrated my mom's 50th birthday!
We had everyone bring her a pair of reading glasses

Nervous about blowing out ALL those candles!

The cake I made for her birthday!
And we celebrated my Mama's 75th birthday by taking her to her first pro basketball game with the whole family!
Mama & Papa with their Granddaughters

The whole family at the Mavs Game!
The other big thing that happened this past year was I switched jobs! I now work for a company called Smocked Auctions who sells kids clothes through Facebook on Tuesday & Thursday nights! I love working there and I love all the ladies who work there too, check out there Facebook page here!

So now that I'm caught up on the happenings of this past year here is my goal for this next year ... I have become addicted to this new site that some of you might have heard of ... Pinterest! There are so many great ideas and recipes on there so I am going to test out some of the pins that I repin and put up what I discover here! It should be fun and it'll give me a reason to actually try some of the things I pin! 

Coming up first .... Banana Pudding Cake & Cherry Beer Margaritas!








No comments:

Post a Comment